Double charges & missing transID

Velda

Hi there,

We're running 3.5.1 with CDGCommerce - Quantum Gateway & have had a few clients complain of double charges. The WHMCS gateway and transaction logs show only one transid. But when we check the real gateway there are indeed two charges.

1 - Can we prevent double charging?

2 - Should a double charge happen, can we get both transID's in the system?

Let us know your thoughts...

Velda Christensen

Hands-on Web Hosting

Hi there,

We're running 3.5.1 with CDGCommerce - Quantum Gateway & have had a few clients complain of double charges. The WHMCS gateway and transaction logs show only one transid. But when we check the real gateway there are indeed two charges.

1 - Can we prevent double charging?

2 - Should a double charge happen, can we get both transID's in the system?

Let us know your thoughts...

Velda Christensen

Hands-on Web Hosting

is your cron running more than once a day? Is there only once invoice, but two charges?

Isn't the Quantum Gateway an off-site payment process, sorta like Paypal? Perhaps your customer hit Submit/Refresh/Back Button and ended up double-charging himself?

That part is possible, but its definitely not anything like paypal. Its a real merchant account gateway and transactions happen on site. Shouldnt whmcs have some type of protection to keep this from happening? A little bit of javascript/sessions should be able to stop duplicates from being sent.

I tried the Quantum gateway back when I was still using AWBS. The AWBS module for Quantum sent you off to the third party Quantum Gateway site for payment completion.

However, Quantum also has an Authorize.net emulation mode. Are you saying the WHMCS Quantum module uses that mode? If so, I'll definitely have to try it out. I could never make it work with AWBS.

If WHMCS uses the authorize.net emulation, then my supposition is probably incorrect. I just assumed it used the normal mode which takes you offsite.

• WHMCS CEO

Troy, it doesn't use Auth.net emulation but you are incorrect anyway - it's not a 3rd party gateway like PayPal. The reason the user leaves your site is for the 3D Secure authentication process on the first payment. All future payments are recurring and automated.

Back to the original issue in this thread, this is not a bug so you will have to open a ticket for investigations on exactly what is happening on your site. Sounds like some kind of timeout on the first try if anything.

Matt