KB Suggestion , Your Feeback please !

joe123

I just Implemented the "Knowledgebase Suggestion" before a client Submits a support Ticket .the Support System is WHMCS and Knowledgebase is SupportTrio .

Test URL : http://www.hosting777.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=002

Just Enter any word in the text area or something like "How do i check my webmail"

I would appreciate it very much if you could tell me :

1.the browser you used to test it

2.any errors

3.your comments on the speed it loads the kb suggestions.(Important)

thanks in advance !

I just Implemented the "Knowledgebase Suggestion" before a client Submits a support Ticket .the Support System is WHMCS and Knowledgebase is SupportTrio .

Test URL : http://www.hosting777.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=002

Just Enter any word in the text area or something like "How do i check my webmail"

I would appreciate it very much if you could tell me :

1.the browser you used to test it

2.any errors

3.your comments on the speed it loads the kb suggestions.(Important)

thanks in advance !

very nice, i really like it. I want it. =P

Speed was good. Running FF 2.x on Vista 32bit

Nice, but for a message that states "Here is a high priority ticket!" how does it determine those knowledgebase articles have anything to do with that? 8)

If you go to the main knowledgebase page ( http://www.hosting777.com/kb/index.php?action=kb ) and search for the same phrase , you will get the same results , as you may know , supporttrio searches for all words and the word "ticket" is in the answer in both articles .

this will maybe give you a hint how i load the suggestions in whmcs :idea:

joe123: Did you optimize the table structure of the kb articles at all to improve the speeds? Might need to optimize the indexing

NO i did not , i just added the code to the existing files only , there are 2 javascript files for this to work and both are encoded at the moment (sorry) so it takes a second or 2 for the browser to process them , so it will be a bit faster

If you go to the main knowledgebase page ( http://www.hosting777.com/kb/index.php?action=kb ) and search for the same phrase , you will get the same results , as you may know , supporttrio searches for all words and the word "ticket" is in the answer in both articles .

this will maybe give you a hint how i load the suggestions in whmcs :idea:

Thanks for the info. What you have done works pretty nice for those that might want to use a KB suggestion tool and works better than most where it is non obtrusive and doesn't require a user jump through hoops to go ahead and submit their ticket :D

• WHMCS CEO

A pretty good customisation you've done here! You say that it searches based on each word, so does it just display the articles at random or does it display in order of the articles that match the most number of words? Also, are common words like "and" and "the" excluded from it?

Following a recent feature request I'd been thinking about something like this and the best way of matching I could think of was to have the admin configure keywords/phrases for each article so they could be matched to try and more accurately select out matching articles.

Matt

Oh, this is awesome. Are you going to be making this available to others?

Sounds like Matt will be adding it to WHMCS at some point. That way it will tie into our already existing knowledgebase!

Specifying how it searches would be quite helpful too.

Sure hope we have an option whether to use it or not though ;)

A pretty good customisation you've done here! You say that it searches based on each word, so does it just display the articles at random or does it display in order of the articles that match the most number of words? Also, are common words like "and" and "the" excluded from it?

Following a recent feature request I'd been thinking about something like this and the best way of matching I could think of was to have the admin configure keywords/phrases for each article so they could be matched to try and more accurately select out matching articles.

Matt

My Code does not connect to any database or make the search , it simply uses the exact supporttrio search functionality.

and i have no idea which logic it uses to display the articles or the relevancy of articles.