'Currency Auto Update Product Prices' takes much time to complete. Why?

Hi

I have 8 currencies, and many products and options are available. It may take 9 - 11 hours to complete.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Edited by Edi

4 hours ago, Edi said:

Hi

I have 8 currencies, and many products and options are available. It may take 9 - 11 hours to complete.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

If you have a large inventory with many products and options, the system may need to process a significant amount of data, which can contribute to longer processing times.

13 hours ago, Alex Cray said:

If you have a large inventory with many products and options, the system may need to process a significant amount of data, which can contribute to longer processing times.

Do you have a way to optimize it?

Thanks

On 7/31/2023 at 12:54 PM, rockjonn said:

I think Enom has informed reselling customers about price changes in certain top-level domains (TLDs) effective September 1st. Prices will increase for .co, .com, .biz, .club, .xyz, .design, and .monster, while there will be a decrease for .abogado and .casa. The email notification addresses the upcoming cost adjustments in these TLDs.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:20 PM, Vigneh5467 said:

Hello,

I am using the phone pe payments gateway for the payments,

But nowhere in the whmcs I could find the module for the phone pe,

I request if anyone has previously used or developed custom gateways/ Phone pe Gateways, please assist me with how to do so.

Thanks & Regards

Sahil Ahmed F

On 4/24/2024 at 3:21 AM, Edi said:

Hi

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

The "Currency Auto Update Product Prices" process might take longer due to several reasons:

1. Large Number of Products: If you have a considerable number of products in your inventory, the system needs time to update prices for each item.

2. API Response Time: The process involves fetching currency exchange rates from external APIs. If the API response time is slow, it can delay the updating process.

3. Server Performance: The performance of your hosting server can also impact the speed of the update process. Insufficient server resources or high server load can slow down the execution.

4. Complex Calculations: If there are complex calculations involved in updating prices based on currency exchange rates or if there are custom rules for certain products, it can increase the processing time.

5. Network Issues: Any network issues between your server and the external APIs can lead to delays in fetching currency data.

To address this issue, you can consider optimizing your server performance, ensuring efficient coding practices for updating prices, and monitoring the response time of external APIs. Additionally, caching currency exchange rates locally can reduce reliance on external APIs and speed up the process.

8 hours ago, Alex Cray said:

The "Currency Auto Update Product Prices" process might take longer due to several reasons:

1. Large Number of Products: If you have a considerable number of products in your inventory, the system needs time to update prices for each item.

2. API Response Time: The process involves fetching currency exchange rates from external APIs. If the API response time is slow, it can delay the updating process.

3. Server Performance: The performance of your hosting server can also impact the speed of the update process. Insufficient server resources or high server load can slow down the execution.

4. Complex Calculations: If there are complex calculations involved in updating prices based on currency exchange rates or if there are custom rules for certain products, it can increase the processing time.

5. Network Issues: Any network issues between your server and the external APIs can lead to delays in fetching currency data.

To address this issue, you can consider optimizing your server performance, ensuring efficient coding practices for updating prices, and monitoring the response time of external APIs. Additionally, caching currency exchange rates locally can reduce reliance on external APIs and speed up the process.

I have found the cause and have given feedback to WHMCS.