Having problems with random errors on setup of WHMCS

Hello all,

I recently installed WHCMS after getting a license through a hosting provider.

The installation and everything went smoothly until I tried to do things like add my server and some of the following. These are the problems I am running into. I know all my info is correct for my server, but I can't get past this in WHCMS. Any help is appreciated:

1. Adding the Server in WHCMS:

• I keep getting an "Access Denied" message when trying to add my WHM server to WHCMS. I know my host name, and I know my UID and pass. I also figured out with some trial and error how to get into the dev section of WHM to create an API key to pass over to WHCMS. The part I am not sure of is what type of server to select. I am assuming WHM is cpanel being it is partnered with cpanel, correct? No matter what I tried, it kept giving me "access denied." I verified my UID and pass are good as I can get into WHM with no problems. If you have any light to shed on this to resolve it so I can connect the server, I appreciate it. I went through everything I could find on WHCMS documentation about this error, and nothing resolved it so far.
  2. Adding Stripe to WHMCS:

• Unexpected Error Occurred: I am getting an "unexpected error occurred" when trying to add Stripe to my WHCMS. I went through Stripe and found all keys, secret keys, and created a new webhook successfully with the correct addition to my domain for the callback to the best of my knowledge. When I try to add everything in WHCMS it simply produces this less-than-helpful error message that does not explain anything. I tried everything from WHCMS documentation to resolve this error and even questioned ChatGPT to no avail. I would like to complete the connection for CC payments, please. 

3. Promotion Code Not Applying: I set up three different website design packages in WHCMS today also. I want to be able to give the client the first 14 days or first month free to test out what I am doing with these packages. I read through all WHCMS documentation again and questioned ChatGPT also, and when I create a code for $300 off as a one-time application it states when I use a test user on checkout that there is nothing in the cart that the code applies to. I have verified that I added the code to the Basic Design Web Presence package for example in the promotions section of WHCMS and it should only apply to this product currently. However, it does not, and the price still comes up as $300 when it should zero out for the first 14 days or months. Any thoughts on how to get around this are greatly appreciated also.

Thank you for all of your help! I appreciate it!