Setup Fees for products with multiple quantities

Go to solution Solved by Evolve Web Hosting,

It is only charging one setup fee when multiple of a product are selected. I could use multiple services instead of scaling service but then in the admin area etc I end up with a massive list of the same product.  For example with Google Workspace reselling say they want 50 Users I would end up with 50 "products" in the account this way. Also a pain to manage. So I would prefer a way of keeping them grouped together such as the scaling service option but I need it to charge setups per quantities. Unless anyone has a better suggestion on how to manage this?  Thanks for any help.

@Rootsintech I'm glad you brought this up. I don't have an answer unfortunately but I'm facing basically the same issue. Microsoft charges 12 full months + the first month pro rated so I was trying to use the Setup Fee to charge the additional month because WHMCS calculates 11 full months and the prorated portion of the 12th month.  I guess the only thing we can do is add a note to the product listing and create a separate invoice after the initial order is placed? Not very professional but it may be what we have to do in the meantime.

I'm not advanced enough but I wonder if a hook could be created for this.

@Evolve Web Hosting Different issue but along the same lines in a way. I think I will have to put a confirmation box that setup will be extra before they can place order and do it as you say as a second invoice. It is unprofessional looking but i may not have a choice. Im still learning hooks so maybe its possible? but I wouldnt know how.

• Solution
On 4/18/2024 at 3:26 PM, Rootsintech said:

@Evolve Web Hosting Different issue but along the same lines in a way. I think I will have to put a confirmation box that setup will be extra before they can place order and do it as you say as a second invoice. It is unprofessional looking but i may not have a choice. Im still learning hooks so maybe its possible? but I wouldnt know how.

@Rootsintech I agree it's very unprofessional. The other way to do it, and it's the way I'm doing it for now, is to set it up as a separate instance when the order is placed and then after the order is accepted, I am going in and manually changing it to '1 service x number of users' on the admin side and deleting all of the additional service instances. That way the 'setup fee' that I'm using as the additional month is calculated at the time of order and I don't have to send them a 2nd invoice.