How to sell subdomins

Actually how to give them for free.

Lets say I have a domain abc.com and I want to give users a free subdomain so username.abc.com

I would like them to register this by going through the checkout process normally, but their invoice would be zero.

I' can't seem to see how to set this up.

Any help appreciated.

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

To set up a system where users can register a free subdomain under your domain, you can follow these general steps:

1. Domain Configuration: Ensure that your main domain (abc.com) is properly configured to handle subdomains. This typically involves setting up a wildcard DNS record (*.abc.com) to route all subdomain requests to your server.

2. Website or Application Setup: Develop a website or application that handles user registration and subdomain creation. This system should interact with your domain registrar or DNS provider to create the necessary subdomains dynamically.

3. Registration Process: Design a registration process where users can select a username and go through the checkout process. During checkout, validate the username, ensure it's unique, and then proceed with creating the subdomain.

4. Invoice Generation: Modify your checkout process to generate invoices with a total of zero for users registering a free subdomain. You may need to customize your billing system or e-commerce platform to handle zero-cost transactions.

5. Automation: Implement automation scripts or cron jobs to handle the actual creation of subdomains based on user registrations. These scripts should interact with your DNS provider's API to add new subdomains programmatically.

6. Confirmation and Communication: After successful registration, provide users with confirmation of their new subdomain and any login credentials or instructions they may need to access it.

7. Monitoring and Support: Monitor the system for any issues or errors, and provide support to users who encounter difficulties during the registration or subdomain setup process.

This setup requires a combination of web development, DNS configuration, and possibly API integration with your domain registrar or DNS provider. Depending on your technical expertise and resources, you may need to seek assistance from developers or consultants to implement and maintain this system effectively.