Send an invoice to a customer, with a pay link?

When I send an email reminder, for the customer to pay, it has a link to pay/view the invoice.  On that invoice is all the necessary info except a link to pay.  There is a link at the bottom: 'back to client area' but I cant see where the pay link would be.  THere are a couple "pay now" buttons, but they just go back to the invoice.  I have paypal basic set up.  So, how does the customer pay?

thanks 🙂

Hi dougcassidy,

You can't send the direct Pay Now button to the client via mail because as per WHMCS conditions, the user can't pay without logging into the client area. 
if you have seen the Pay Now button on your invoice view page in the client area it means your payment gateway (Paypal) is not configured properly. 
for better discussion please share your gateway setting after hide your secure key and login credentials.