Encryption problem on my WHMCS

Huhu
Go to solution Solved by WHMCS Areeb,

Hello,

Since I migrated from an old version of WHMCS to a new one, I have a recurring error every 5 minutes and here it is:

- "Encryption hash is missing or damaged. Department POP auth settings could not be decrypted."

I'm using the latest version of WHMCS, i.e. 8.8.0.

What causes this, what does it generate and how do I fix it please?

Thank you very much for your future help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I had this problem before and got it fixed with WHMCS staff help. However, I can't find any records of it. Perhaps I found the solution somewhere else...

On 7/16/2024 at 8:23 AM, RadWebHosting said:

You can access this feature at Configuration () > System Settings > Support Departments.

Thank you very much for the answer, but nothing comes out for me, and the error "Encryption hash is missing or damaged. Department PHP auth settings could not be decrypted." still repeats. I changed the e-mail addresses of the Support Departments, changed their passwords and names. But it's still a mistake.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst
  • Solution
15 hours ago, webbymaster said:

Thank you very much for the answer, but nothing comes out for me, and the error "Encryption hash is missing or damaged. Department PHP auth settings could not be decrypted." still repeats. I changed the e-mail addresses of the Support Departments, changed their passwords and names. But it's still a mistake.

Hi @webbymaster,

Please try and clear the email configuration values by running this MySQL Query:

UPDATE tblticketdepartments SET `password` = '',`mail_auth_config` = '' WHERE `id` = 'x';

Replace 'x' with the ID of the support department in question.

Then re-save the POP3 login credentials in WHMCS admin area under Configuration > System Settings > Support Departments > Edit. For each department they had this error with.

If you need any further assistance, please get in touch with us by submitting a ticket.

12 hours ago, WHMCS Areeb said:

Hi @webbymaster,

Please try and clear the email configuration values by running this MySQL Query:

UPDATE tblticketdepartments SET `password` = '',`mail_auth_config` = '' WHERE `id` = 'x';

Replace 'x' with the ID of the support department in question.

Then re-save the POP3 login credentials in WHMCS admin area under Configuration > System Settings > Support Departments > Edit. For each department they had this error with.

If you need any further assistance, please get in touch with us by submitting a ticket.

Yes, BROTHER, it worked!!! THANK you very much!!!