What is wrong with WHMCS Promotions?

I. Schulz

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with WHMCS promotions - I created a 10% promotion for a product and update of configurable options. The promo is recurring and "Lifetime Promotion" is selected.

When I order the product, the promotion is calculated correctly first - for example if I have 2x option for $10, the Recurring Amount is calculated to be 18$. Then when I do an update from 2x option to 3x option, the promotion is displayed and also calculated correctly for the update, but WHMCS set the Recurring Amount to 25.20$, why? For 3 x 10$ and 10% promo it should be 27$, and when I select "Recalculate on Save" checkbox and save changes - it will be 27$!

Then when I make a option downgrade for 3x to 2x WHMCS will delete the promotion from the service and set the Recurring Amount to 17$ for 2x 10$ options. Why???

The docs (https://docs.whmcs.com/Promotions) says: "Lifetime Promotion — Client will retain this discount even if they upgrade or downgrade their service in future, regardless of settings such as maximum uses or expiration date.", but it doesn't work.

Have I done something wrong? I would be happy to receive feedback. Thanks.