TLD Sales

Good Morning, 

Has anybody else worked out how to get around WHMCS apparently having no ability to accommodate TLDs that require renewing ahead of their expiry date? I might have missed some but here is over 100 examples of TLDs, that, if I (and the WHMCS Advisor) is correct, effectively cannot be sold properly through WHMCS: 

.ae (-45 days)
.al (-31 days)
.aq (-45 days)
.at (-2 days)
.ax (-45 days)
.az (-50 days)
.ba (-31 days)
.bd (-45 days)
.bf (-45 days)
.bh (-45 days)
.bj (-45 days)
.bm (-45 days)
.bn (-45 days)
.bt (-45 days)
.bw (-45 days)
.cf (-45 days)
.cg (-45 days)
.ci (-45 days)
.ck (-45 days)
.cm (-1 days)
.co.jp (-45 days)
.com.ss (-45 days)
.cw (-45 days)
.cy (-45 days)
.dz (-45 days)
.es (-6 days)
.et (-45 days)
.fj (-45 days)
.fo (-45 days)
.ge (-45 days)
.gf (-45 days)
.gh (-45 days)
.gi (-45 days)
.gn (-45 days)
.gp (-45 days)
.gq (-45 days)
.gw (-45 days)
.gy (-1 days)
.hm (-45 days)
.hr (-45 days)
.ht (-1 days)
.hu (-45 days)
.il (-45 days)
.iq (-45 days)
.is (-45 days)
.jo (-45 days)
.jp (-6 days)
.ke (-45 days)
.kh (-45 days)
.ki (-1 days)
.ky (-45 days)
.kz (-45 days)
.lb (-45 days)
.lr (-45 days)
.ls (-45 days)
.mc (-45 days)
.md (-45 days)
.me.ss (-45 days)
.mg (-1 days)
.mk (-45 days)
.mm (-45 days)
.mo (-45 days)
.mp (-45 days)
.mq (-45 days)
.mr (-45 days)
.mt (-45 days)
.mw (-45 days)
.mz (-45 days)
.na (-45 days)
.nc (-45 days)
.ne (-45 days)
.net.ss (-45 days)
.no (-1 days)
.np (-45 days)
.nr (-45 days)
.nu (-45 days)
.om (-45 days)
.pf (-60 days)
.pn (-45 days)
.ro (-1 days)
.rs (-45 days)
.ru (-2 days)
.rw (-40 days)
.sd (-40 days)
.se (-1 days)
.si (-31 days)
.sl (-40 days)
.sm (-40 days)
.sn (-45 days)
.sr (-45 days)
.su (-45 days)
.sy (-45 days)
.td (-45 days)
.tg (-45 days)
.th (-45 days)
.tk (-45 days)
.tl (-1 days)
.tn (-45 days)
.tr (-45 days)
.tz (-45 days)
.ua (-45 days)
.ye (-45 days)
.za (-1 days)
.zm (-45 days)
.zw (-45 days)

Defining "sold properly" - using WHMCS automation without the Client being unfairly put at risk of not being notified about a TLD requiring renewing or being given incorrect information. Also, the TLD being able to be sold like any other that doesn't have a "negative renewal period". 

WHMCS' support reply was: 

"

Unfortunately, you cannot set different renewal dates prior to expiry for each TLD. There's only one invoicing setting available in Configuration > System Settings > Automation Setting - Invoice Generation - https://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Domain_Invoice_Generation

The system will then attempt payment for the invoice a number of days before the due date, in accordance with your Automation Settings.

After you receive payment, the domain will renew. Paid domains never renew without payment.

If we can be of any more assistance, please don't hesitate to get back in contact.

Best regards,

"

As an aside, was anybody else informed of Enom (WHMCS Reseller rate) TLD price increases this month please? I didn't receive anything so I have no clue of which TLDs have been affected. As Enom have zero interest in charging in the Reseller's home currency, this leaves me unable to use WHMCS' domain sync functionality because WHMCS has no ability to take into account currency transfer or payment processing fees in calculating the sale price leading to a ton of manual currency conversion and manual data entry. How often do these price increases happen please? 

I'm also a bit at a loss as to how ENOM cannot furnish me with a GB VAT number and yet they are adding VAT onto WHMCS Reseller rate sales and even offering to remove it in return for my VAT number (Reverse VAT). According to HMRC in the UK, they should not be charging VAT ordinarily as it is out of scope (I am in Great Britain, they are Stateside), or, if they have registered in the UK for VAT (which they technically can), then they should provide their GB VAT number. If they are not registered in the UK, I cannot apply the reverse VAT regime, if they are, I legally have to. ENOM could only provide an EU VAT number which is not valid in Great Britain as a result of us leaving Europe (Brexit). 

**IF** ENOM are not passing on the VAT that they are collecting to the UK government, they have no business collecting it. 

The ENOM/VAT issue is directly relevant to WHMCS (and therefore belongs in the WHMCS community) as WHMCS are essentially securing a reseller rate for us. 

Many thanks. 

Edited by indieben