Include Product Description on Invoice

6 hours ago, LittleCreek said:

Is there anyway to include the product description on the invoice? I would like the below to be included on the invoice.

image.png.dd2c322d18bc3264d97159a042d82ced.png

Hi @LittleCreek

Query - where do you want to show on viewinvoce or on invoicepdf?

If you want to show on viewinvoce you can show it by creating a hook , if you want to show on invoicepdf then you need to customise invoicepdf.tpl file

Thank you 

8 hours ago, Ankit70 said:

Query - where do you want to show on viewinvoce or on invoicepdf?

I want the client to be able to see it in their client area when they view the invoice. Really the pdf version should be an exact duplicate of what is seen in the client area. Currently the only way to make it do that is by creating configurable options which is silly when there is only 1 option for each line item. Look at the example I showed. This particular product has 4 CPU. I have to create a single configurable option for 4 CPU in order for it to show up on the invoice. Why can't it simply pull it from the description? It could be just a checkbox option: "Include description on invoice"

Create a hook? Its easier to just create the configurable options. Then is shows on the viewinvoice and invoicepdf. Every client for every business to be able to see exactly what they are paying for. It doesn't matter whether its web hosting or groceries.

WHMCS seems to have a lot of amazing features built in except the ones that are common sense.

13 hours ago, LittleCreek said:

WHMCS seems to have a lot of amazing features built in except the ones that are common sense.

Exactly, common sense is not required here only the logical thinking are required in WHMCS.

Like you can't create configurable option for all the product description.

One more things configurable options are used for other purposes 

4 minutes ago, Ankit70 said:

Exactly, common sense is not required here only the logical thinking are required in WHMCS.

Like you can't create configurable option for all the product description.

One more things configurable options are used for other purposes 

I can't tell if you agree with me or not.

I suggest trying the below code on the 'viewinvoice' page to see the available variables for the product description. Afterward, you can add your variable in both the 'viewinvoice' and 'invoicepdf' pages. You can also use a hook to pass the result into a variable.

{debug}

Do not forget to remove it after completing your work.

Other options: You can retrieve the product description using an SQL query and display it. As a new developer of WHMCS, it might take me many hours to create such code. Perhaps someone else can assist you in obtaining the product description using an SQL query, passing it into a variable, and displaying it on your invoice.

Edited by DewlanceHosting