Expenses & Tax Year Reports Addons

fwebs

• 2 weeks later...
I made a change to the query that pulls the unpaid invoices. The original query doesn't look at the due date of the invoice and incorrectly shows next months invoices as being due in the current month. Here's my change:

$query	= "SELECT SUM(total) AS Paid, (SELECT SUM(total) FROM tblinvoices WHERE  DATE_FORMAT(`date`, '%Y-%m') = '$this_year-$pmonth' [color=red]AND duedate LIKE '%$this_year-$pmonth%'[/color] AND status = 'Unpaid') AS NotPaid  FROM tblinvoices WHERE DATE_FORMAT(`date`, '%Y-%m') = '$this_year-$pmonth' AND status = 'Paid'" ;

I tried that but get a SQL error in MySQL:

You have to choose at least one column to display

• 8 months later...
Great stuff, now I can start building a real module.

The lack of documentation is strange. Where did you gain your knowledge from?

yeh would be great to have more of an api in future releases but for this one i just dug around anything i could find and adapted it for my own needs.

Im sure theres a whole lot more that could be done for this but as a quick fix it does the trick

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We all have recurring expenses, that doesnt need to be added every month. For example a server that is rented on a datacenter it costs to me X every month.

In this module, should I insert every month the cost of that server ? How can I make it recurring ?

What is that "Resale" option on the module. Is that what I am looking for ?

Thank you.

Guilherme.

Hi Guilherme,

No this does not recur them for you. You have to add everything manually.

The resale option is something that I used for my own purposes so that I knew which expenses were to be used within the business and which were bought on behalf of a client.

Hi Guilherme,

No this does not recur them for you. You have to add everything manually.

The resale option is something that I used for my own purposes so that I knew which expenses were to be used within the business and which were bought on behalf of a client.

Hello mate,

Is it possible to change the script to make it automatically ? I can pay for that customization.

Also, I would like to know why the "total paid invoices" at "Tax year report" is different from "Amount In" in "Annual Income Report" for the current month. For me the "total paid invoices" is showing 1/3 of the "Amount In"

• 7 months later...

Not looked at this for a while although i still use it to keep a log of what ive spent etc

One thing struck me today though.

Does anyone use the transactions area to log what they spent and so create their own expenses list ?

I know you can set a client as a Sales or Purchase type and then simply log the things you pay for that way.