OAuth2 POP Mail Import - Email Address Blank / Not Saving

Skyla

Bug Report - #VQF-804057 

== Description ==
Mail import has been working for years. Yesterday, I had to update the Client Secret for the Google OAuth2 credentials and I noticed the "Email Address" field was blank which I thought was odd. I was able to fill in the Email Address and reconnect and test the config successfully. I thought everything was OK and "Saved Changes".

Shortly after saving, I started getting failed POP3 connection alerts. Error below.
Error: cannot connect to host ; error = stream_socket_client(): Unable to connect to tcp://: (Failed to parse address ":") (errno = 0 )

When I went back to check, I noticed the Email address is blank again. If I "Test Configuration" as-is, it fails as well with the error below. Which is expected since no emails are tied to it. When I fill the email in and test again, the test works again. The email doesn't save.

The Mail Import test failed: Oauth2 auth failed, BAD Invalid SASL argument. e16mb7724676qvq: {"status":"400","schemes":"Bearer","scope":"https:\/\/mail.google.com\/"}

Something seems wrong with the Email Address field causing it to not save.

I tested on the latest Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

== Steps to Reproduce ==

1. Go to WHMCS Admin
  2. Go to Support Ticket Departments in System Settings
  3. Access any Departments that have OAuth2 authentication and check "Email Address"
  4. Field will be blank. Will work if filled in and connecting or testing the OAuth credentials.
  5. Field "Saves" blank even if filled in.

== Expected Result ==
The Email Address should already be filled in (if OAuth2 is already set up). The Email Address should save instead of going blank again.

This is specifically for the "Mail Importing Configuration" in Support Departments.

== PHP Version ==

Edited by Skyla

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...