How do you add new client to an existing user?

I've searched far and wide for this one, but can't seem to find anything at this stage.

I have a client who has a handful of small businesses, each with their own identity and business name, however everything is still controlled from a central person/email address.  They already have a login into my system from an existing account, however- I'm struggling to add a 'new client' to an existing 'user'.

For example, when trying to add the new client from the admin panel, I fill in all the customers existing information, with the exception of a different business name and I click 'associate with an existing user' and select my customers original user. However the system won't let me proceed any further, because the email address I've used in the add client email address field is the same as the one already in the system, per the customers original account. It's the only email address the customer wishes to use. Should I use a false email address on the add new client screen?

A documented methodology for creating a new client against an existing user is awfully lacking, so any advice anyone can provide in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, I did some testing and was able to achieve the following;

• Create/add new client with dummy email address, but with correct business and contact information
  • Associate with an existing user - selected the owner of the already created account
  • Add new contact with the same contact information as the already created account, including email address, checking all the correspondence boxes
  • Uncheck all correspondence to main dummy user that I created

When I registered a new domain against this profile, I was able to select the new contact for registrant details. The only downside so far is the dummy email is what comes up in the client list within WHMCS.

I'm not sure if anyone else has any better suggestions to get around this one, but so far so good.

• 3 weeks later...