Using Custom Username For Hosting Accounts

Hi All,

I run a few brands all of which integrate into one WHMCS system, I am looking for a way to simplify identification of accounts owned by each brand.

Currently i have WHMCS display a customer number/code within the client area and email communication for reference of payment and support using the {client_id}  variable which show the actual ID number assigned to each client in WHMCS.

The customer number/code works well as each code is unique in accordance with the id assigned by WHMCS, so we have codes that display as follow:

Hosting Brand One                                  Hosting Brand Two
Customer: Eugene Viljoen                  Customer: Eugene Viljoen
Code: DE015463                                      Code: BR05413

Now identifying which brand each client is subscribed to is easy using the customer numbers above, however, i want to take it a step further by having WHMCS use the customer number as a username when clients order hosting related services instead of use the traditional method of the first 8 characters of the domain or using the random generated username.

I know that WHMCS allows admins to change the hosting account details within the product/services tab of each client, however, i want to automate the process and prevent the need to terminate an already provisioned service.

So i was thinking of coding a hook to have WHMCS change the username accordingly before the hosting plan is provisioned.

Can someone point me in the right direction of how to code the hook?

@brian! maybe you can take a crack at it with some of your brilliance 😁