Mass mailing additional contacts?

dexus

• WHMCS CEO

It will obey the email rules set for each contact. So if a contact is set to receive General emails, and you send one, they'll get it. Likewise if you send a product related mailing, then contacts set to receive product related messages will get them.

Matt

Ok, thanks Matt, but I am not shure that I understand that...

1. How can I send "general" emails? What options for Mass Mail should I select so mails will be considered as "General"?

2. If I send mass mails and leave all fields at Mass Mail set as default to "any", is that mean that any additional contact will receive it, even if some contact is set to receive only product emails, and some only general, or some only domain, etc.

• WHMCS CEO

You can tell what email you are sending by clicking on the Merge Fields button when composing the message. If you see product specific fields, it's a product related email, if you see domain specific fields, it's a domain related email and if you only see client fields, then it's a general email. Those are the three types mass mail works with. Leaving all the options set to Any results in a general email.

To reiterate - contacts get emails based on the rules set for them. *NEVER* will they all get them unless they are set to receive the email type being sent.

Matt

Just to confirm that I understood correctly, if I wan't to send some info to all contacts, even some of them is set to receive only general, and some to receive only product, and some to receive only domain info, and I wan't to send mass mail to all of them there is no way to do that.

Also what will happend if some additional contact (same email) is added to few different accounts (clients) will that additional contact receive mail for every account (client)?

Thanks.

• 4 years later...

This is not working. I am on version 5.1.2.

I have the client profile with email address test1@domain.com.

I then add a contact under the client profile Contacts tab with email address test2@domain.com.

I check the General box under Email Notifications for the new contact added and hit the save button.

Open Mass Mail Tool and select General for email type, all other options left as default

I click on compose message button and when it gets to the next screen to write the email it only adds the client profile email test1@domain.com.

Any ideas why this is not working?

I will add if I check the Invoice option for the new contact, when an invoice is created an email is sent to test1@domain.com and test2@domain.com.

Alright, mass mailing for contacts under the client's profile is working correctly. When adding a contacts under the client profile you must select Email Notifications options. If general is selected the contacts will receive Mass Mail emails sent under general. Even though when creating the Mass Mail email you do not see the additional contacts it sends an email to all contacts under General. You can see this by viewing the email under the client's Email tab and you'll see the contact's address in the recipients list. General contacts will receive mass emails.

This has been confirmed by us and was answered by WHMCS support.

Although the email is sent to the contacts under the client profile the email variables {$client_first_name} {$client_last_name} will only populate the clients name and not the contacts name. There is no variable for contacts. The contact is simply CC'd.

Edited by onpointsystems