How to change acct to new owner

lwells2000

I'm noob and this may be really simple, but I have looked all over and can't figure it out!

I'm trying to set up websites on domains I own and then sell the website with the domain to another person. I want them to be able to transfer the site to them and for them to be able to log into their own new hosting account and cpanel, (not my account) and then have hosting billing invoice sent to them the following month. Anyone doing this and/or know how to set this up?

I mean on the same/my server. For instance if I add the domain to my server, develop and upload a web site and then sell the website including the domain.

I see where I can change account details including email under client profile/products/services, but I'm not sure if thats all it takes. I can't log into cpanel with the user name and password I change it to in this same section. No user name and password is included with the cpanel email so I have been adding it here. This is in test signups I have done with my own name and new domains.

Here's what you could do.

1. Set up a new account for the new client...either manually or thru a sign up form.

2. Go to the clients area in the admin section, select YOUR account, select Products/Services tab. In the top right area of the Products/Services form there is a very light grey link that reads: "Move product/service to Another Client". Click that.

3. Do the same for the domain.

You'll probably have to manually configure the billing set up.

• 3 weeks later...