Paypal Pro problems

anileigh

I've installed WHMCS 3.51 and everything is running perfectly with the exception of Paypal Website Payments Pro. This works as long as a customer is entering NEW credit card details. Using a card on file, the gateway log shows the expected invalid CVV. I suspect I'm just missing something here.

Is there a way that I can remove the option of using a card on file and just have every customer enter new credit card details? I really prefer not to have any details in my database at all.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

You can use your risk controls at Paypal to overlook the cvv (I don't reccomend it). If it is not in your risk controls you can request the setting addition from Paypal support.

The other option is to pay Paypal double for Payflow which does recurring billing and is also a processor for WHMCS.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually *think* I found a relatively simple solution that forces the entry of new credit card details for each invoice payment. In creditcard.tpl I changed $choosecreditcardoptions to a hidden form field with the value of "new" to force the entry of card details each time. I'm not sure this would work if I was just straight out selling hosting packages, but I'm just a web developer providing hosting for some of my design customers. So far it works and seems less radical than just overlooking the cvv.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually *think* I found a relatively simple solution that forces the entry of new credit card details for each invoice payment. In creditcard.tpl I changed $choosecreditcardoptions to a hidden form field with the value of "new" to force the entry of card details each time. I'm not sure this would work if I was just straight out selling hosting packages, but I'm just a web developer providing hosting for some of my design customers. So far it works and seems less radical than just overlooking the cvv.

I must have missed what you are trying to accomplish as if they are doing another manual payment, I believe they would have to enter the CVV again anyway wouldn't they? They problem has been in the automatic charge the following month if they don't pay before the due date.

The idea I had, and I might be completely wrong in how WHMCS works, is to not have the credit card processed automatically, but to have an invoice sent out on the recurring billing date for the customer to pay manually. I just want them to have to enter all card info each time an invoice is generated. Once a week or so, I'll manually clear credit cards on file unless I can find a way to do it automatically.

So, I guess my new question is whether WMCS always tries to process the card automatically and if so, can I disable this feature so the customer just gets an invoice to pay?

I'm not seriously selling hosting, just providing it as part of a web design package.