Payment Method Question

nptech

I'm importing into WHMCS a number of customers who previously used to pay by cheque. I'd like them to now be able to pay by credit card (I've already setup and configured a CC payment gateway).

When importing customer accounts, I'm setting up renewable products/orders in their profile with the 'mail in payment' option and then encouraging (via e-mail templates) them to pay by credit card.

A few questions:

1. If a customer opts to pay a 'mail in payment' invoice by credit card, will the credit card information used be stored in WHMCS?

2. If a customer opts to pay a 'mail in payment' invoice by credit card, will the 'Payment Method' for future renewals of the product be updated to credit card, or will it remain 'mail in payment'?

3. If WHMCS does store credit card information, can future renewals for a product be auto-debited from the credit card if the product 'method of payment' is changed to credit card?