Email notifications not going to all admins

We have our tickets set up so that the client emails an address that's actually a distribution list. One member of the list is an inbox that's only used for retrieving emails via POP and turning them into tickets or ticket replies, and then the system sends a notification to all admins in that department who are selected to receive ticket notifications. All of this is working fine, and the unknown user bug is finally resolved, but there's an issue that's persisting. Back when we installed WHMCS 8.2 we noticed a bug that after a ticket comes in and is assigned to an admin, any further replies from the client only generate a notification for the flagged administrator.  This behavior makes it very difficult for multiple techs to collaborate as there may be missed notifications, and from a management perspective it adds another layer on to our already heavy workload that I can't simply depend on the ticket notifications to keep track of things, I have to monitor the support emails separately as well to see when clients are replying to my staff.

I had opened a ticket with WHMCS about this issue back in July and they basically told me it's a feature not a bug. #CORE-16853 and according to the reply I got from support, the developers said this is how it was always supposed to work (despite that not being what's STILL in the documentation) and that I could use the email Notifications system https://docs.whmcs.com/Notifications however this notification sends to all users, so the assigned admin gets two emails from WHMCS, and the secondary notification doesn't actually contain the ticket reply, just a notification that a reply was sent, which makes it nearly useless. I'd like to see WHMCS put this functionality back the way it was before, or like they did with the unknown reply bug, give us the option to opt in or out of getting all the notifications. I understand that having two techs get all replies may seem cumbersome, but for management it's essential for me to know what my team members are doing.

If anyone has a hook for this in the meantime I'd be very curious to see it.