Restrict Access minus login and password options

JerettP

I have seen some awesome hook code that restricts access but for some reason I am not sure if this works on the newest version of WHMCS. I tend to get thrown into an endless loop of redirects if I modify it.
@sentec had this solution provided below which doesn't seem to work on current version.

My question is - can someone help me fix this hook for current V8 and all I am looking for is to restrict access to the client portal except for login functions (including the two factor options)  and password reset functions.  I am not sure if when a client invites a user to the portal if those "accept invite" screens need to be unrestricted - but if so - those as well.

Any help would be awesome! I am noticing that the community seems to be asleep for a year so I hope this gets seen by someone.