configgeneral.php Update Error

techtroll

First off I'm new to WHMCS but started as a network tech in '88 and moved to the Internet side of things since '94. Most times I can fix, figure out, or replace things myself.

I just completed the upgrade to the latest version and have run into a small issue that I cannot work around, hopefully it's a small one. When you go to the General Configuartion page a blank page is displayed. The code displayed by the browser is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>

<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I did poke around and even went so far as to open my past and current configgeneral.php pages and realized this was one were I had better check with people who have more experience with WHMCS. As they say "knowledge is a good thing, a small amount a dangerous thing" and I've gotten wise enough, or screwed up enough, to know the difference.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll just take the Microsoft approach, back-up the database, wipe and reload a fresh complete install.

• WHMCS CEO

Please open a ticket with your admin login details and I'll take a look. Sounds like you might have a required file missing - the code you've pasted is just what a browser displays when no output is sent in a PHP file - ie. a fatal error is occuring.

Matt