executing external scripts

luckdragon

I noticed in the configuration it says:

Tick this box to execute the checkout script on checkout in the legacy order form

does that script run before or after payment?

or

is there a script that runs when it creates the account.. i.e. if I want to offer a package that comes complete with a script.. is there a way to have cs execute the php that installs the script after the account is created?

does that script run before or after payment?

Before payment. After step 5 on the order form.

is there a script that runs when it creates the account.. i.e. if I want to offer a package that comes complete with a script.. is there a way to have cs execute the php that installs the script after the account is created?

None at this time. May want to post a request in the request section.

Thanks,

Adam

WHM itself has a script that runs on the server when the account is created, it's called "/scripts/postwwwacct" or "/scripts/legacypostwwwacct". I have it documented at http://www.whitedoggreenfrog.com/scripts, including code that allows you to detect the WHM-package and take package dependent action. I use this to install software for some packages, I just use a specific WHM package in WHMCS.

I think this is probably the best place to put this, I'm not 100% sure that trying to build it into WHMCS is going to be easy - for starters, you have to find out what server the account is on, then take remote actions on that server - while you can use SSH with keys, it's messier than using postwwwacct.

Before payment. After step 5 on the order form.

That's a pity, as it'd be more useful for some of us if it was run after payment. "Checkout" normally means "after payment". If this is true, perhaps the WHMCS guys might consider adding a postpayment script?

• 5 months later...

in my case, what server it's on isn't relevant.. nor is the package, I've written my own CMS script which alot of my clients use, and I want to be able to offer it as an option/addon in whmcs and if that option is selected, then have it execute my installation script (the script logs into cpanel, creates the db, the dbuser, and pass, attaches the user to the db, and then ftps to the domain and uploads all the files so they have the proper ownership and permissions (suPHP) and then creates the config.php file and uploads it as well..