Open ID Connect BROKEN and WHMCS does not care

HostT

Open ID connect functionality is completely broken, and non-functional, and after bringing this up to support in a ticket I am appalled at the response I received.

I can confirm this is an issue of which we are aware and that case #CORE-15829 is open with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases.

Whilst I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

"In order to have this reviewed for future releases" -- how is this not a MAJOR issue!?  This COMPLETELY breaks any site using OpenID connect through WHMCS as users will NEVER be able to login through WHMCS and will be redirected to a non-existent page.

If this is a known issue, why is there not something stated on the documentation page "Hey there's an issue currently and this feature is NON functional but we will review it later"

If WHMCS was open source, i would understand the response as I could fix this myself ... because it is not, I literally am at the mercy of WHMCS to fix something "when they have time to review it".  If this is anything like the Android app, this could be YEARS before anything happens.

Seriously disappointed in you guys and the response.  I was not given any kind of work around, or suggestions on what could be done to resolve this, or even details on WHAT version this was broken in, so i can revert back to an older version if need be.  Just basically told, you're SOL and will have to wait until we have time to deal with it.

This is unacceptable.

Well after posting this thread and making it very clear this was unacceptable in my response to the ticket, a few hours later i got this response:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WHMCS.

I am pleased to say a hot fix has been created for this issue, which I have applied to your installation. Your OAuth should function as normal.

My apologies for any inconveniences this issue may have caused. Please let me know if I can assist you with any further questions or concerns.

So if anybody else has this issue, open a ticket and make sure you tell them you want them to patch your installation and not just reply with a "sorry it's not fixed" response.

Edited by HostT