A few questions about domain, customizing customer details, and the order process...

omega36

Hi!

As I'm quite new to WHMCS (let alone customizing it) I have a few questions:

I'm offering a hosting service that relates to a game, and payments are received in the form of in-game currency.

1. This being said, I do not wish to offer a domain registration service, and would like to disable the whois/availability function from being show in index.php, is this possible?

2. I am not interested in collecting personal information (apart from e-mail address, and at most their first name) from the customers in the signup process. I simply require their Character name and the clan they work with, is there any way to avoid having to supply all the other private details such as address and phone number, etc?

3. With regards to the above question, how do I go about making the invoice just display the name and clan of the client? If there is no details for address etc it shows a bunch of commas for where the data should be.

Please let me know, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could give me some tips on this matter!!!!

1. To disable domains goto Configuration > General Configuration > Domain.

2. You will probably have to edit the relevant orderform template to make all the fields you don't need hidden (by adding this):

type="hidden" value=" "

3. Again, you should be able to do this by editing the invoice template and removing the address variables.

Thank you, where might I find the templates for the invoices? I see /viewinvoices.php is encrypted. Also, I want one domain option to be available - the choice to use their own domain name, with this it seems that under Orders is still shows: "Register Domain | Transfer Domain" in the orders section, I do not want them there, how do I get rid of them?

And how do I edit the /index.php or the main view? I'd like to remove Domain Availability Checker and Affiliates from the options as there's no need for them with my services.