Submit ticket = public? 2.5 bug?

quickpot

I am sorry to ask questions here but I cannot access any of your subdomains to submit a ticket so I have to ask the question here.

I installed WHMCS succesfully but for some reason, the submit ticket link is open to the public and anyone can choose which department to talk to freely. I thought it was a cookie issue but I have tried on several other computers with the same issue. Is this a bug in 2.5 or is it a feature I can disable from admin panel?

I thought all public non-customer questions would be for the "pre-sale" submit form. "Support ticket" link on the WHMCS main page looks fine and requires a login but the "Submit ticket" link for some reason will let anyone access it.

Any way I can make it customers only? The reason being, that first of all, I dont really like the idea of non-customers submitting tickets. Secondly, what if a customer that is not logged in is submitting an urgent ticket but puts in details that does not match our database, (say different e-mail). There would involve an extra step to find out who that person is by asking for it which is a waste of time. If the customer is forced to login, we ensure that we have the exact info of the customer upon opening ticket. The pre-sale submit form is a nice touch since it lets us deal with non-customers but there is no need for a submit ticket option for them as well. What's the point?

• WHMCS CEO

The demand was for the WHMCS ticket system to function as any other ticket system and allow clients to open tickets by email. It was decided the best way to allow this was to allow any email address to open a ticket. We can add a feature to V2.5.6 to make it clients only.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

It's going to be a few weeks. Any spam tickets you get you can delete fairly quickly and easily by checking the checkboxes and clicking the delete button. You can also setup banned addresses in Configuration > General Configuration > Support Tickets

Matt