Hello WHMCS Community!

gfergo

My name is Glen Fergo. I have been a Web Developer for almost 25 years. Today, I am focusing less on writing code and more on establishing a WordPress design, development, and hosting division at the company where I work.

I have many questions. DigitalOcean vs. HostGator vs InMotion? Ubuntu vs. CentOS vs Debian? Is it better to go with WHM or Plesk?

I have been experimenting (quite a bit) over the last 5-6 months. Different versions of Plesk. Different versions of WHMCS.

In addition, I have been looking at connecting with different companies for registering domains and purchasing SSL certificates (GoDaddy, eNom, DigiCert, Sectigo, etc.).

I will admit, I have been struggling a bit. I'm not sure the documentation is as thorough as it could be - especially on the Plesk side. I have only recently begun using Plesk Obsidian. I was not aware they had discontinued support for Plesk Multi-Server. I am finding that pages on their site might have "Plesk Obsidian" in the title, but actually refer to Onyx.

Overall, it has been a rewarding experience. I have learned many new things.

After years of working almost exclusively with Microsoft products, diving into Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Plesk, WHM, cPanel, WHMCS, SSH, and command line is quite exciting.

I am very happy to be part of this community. WHMCS looks like a fantastic tool for operating a mid-size hosting business. Now I just need to get a better understanding of how all the parts fit together.

I look forward to 'meeting' all of you in the forums.

Regards,

Glen

system_admin.png