Custom username from CreateAccount not reaching AfterModuleCreate

niels

I have a provisioning module where, in the CreateAccount function, I override the username:

$username = nicerUsername(); 

mysql_query("UPDATE tblhosting SET username="{$username}' WHERE id='{$params['serviceid']}");          

This works completely fine by itself. 

I'm now trying to use the AfterModuleCreate hook to run some additional code without having to change the provisioning module.

The hook is called and runs its code as I expect. However, the username parameter passed to AfterModuleCreate is not the one assigned by CreateAccount. All the other parameters come through fine. (But those parameters are not changed by CreateAccount.)

I'm guessing that whatever function is calling AfterModuleCreate is not re-querying the database after calling CreateAccount, hence not picking up on any changes that CreateAccount made to the database and passing AfterModuleCreate old parameters as a result.

Is my assumption correct? Or am I overlooking something?

The quicky-and-dirty fix is to query the database in my AfterModuleCreate hook and fetch the updated username. But I would like to avoid such trickery if possible.

1 hour ago, niels said:

I'm guessing that whatever function is calling AfterModuleCreate is not re-querying the database after calling CreateAccount, hence not picking up on any changes that CreateAccount made to the database and passing AfterModuleCreate old parameters as a result.

Exactly. As far as I know all the involved hook points (pre/after/create) keep using the initial username therefore you'll need to re-query the database to get the updated username.

Edited by Kian