Sending Custom Email

Because of the way WHMCS sends all Ticket Emails to main Client even if logged by a Contact, we disable the standard emails and send our own using hooks and PHPMailer so that we can only send them to the contact if one is defined. Is there a better way to achieve this? It seems a bit hacky!

add_hook('TicketClose', 1, function($vars) {
    Tools::sendTicketEmail($vars,'closed');
});

function sendTicketEmail($vars, $type) {

// Get the required data
    $headertt = file_get_contents('<Removed>/headerCustom.tpl');
    $footertt = file_get_contents('<Removed>/footerCustom.tpl');
    $ticket_details = Capsule::table('tbltickets')->where('id', $vars['ticketid'])->first();
    $department_details = Capsule::table('tblticketdepartments')->where('id',   $ticket_details->did)->first();
    $emailsURL = '<Removed>/viewticket.php?tid=' . $ticket_details->tid .'&c=' . $ticket_details->c;
    $headertt = str_replace('{$emailsURL}', $emailsURL , $headertt);

// Create a new PHPMailer object
    $mail = new PHPMailer(TRUE);                        // Set TRUE to enable exceptions
    $mail->IsSMTP();                                    // Set mailer to use SMTP
    $mail->Host = 'smtp.office365.com';                 // Specify main and backup server
    $mail->Port = 587;                                  // Set the SMTP port

The second problem i am having with this is when i am calling it from my modules Hooks.php, My SendTicketEmail function wont work unless it is in the hooks.php file. I have tried adding it to my tools class, which has other methods in it that call fine, but it cant seem to find the PHPMailer class? I have tried lots of requires... statements but cant seem to get it right. What do i need to do to get a custom class access the standard WHMCS classes that seem to be available to Hooks.php?