No email Notifications

So I thought at first I needed to create a notification rule and enable email in notifications - no dice

Then I looked into the support articles and it said make sure that the Administrator Roles had the email notifications turned on for the group - it does - no dice still

Then it said to check the email template and make sure its not disabled - its not

Then I thought perhaps since its sending an email to my company email that somehow it wasn't routing properly internally (I've had issues where sending an email from an on-server hosted email account to my office365 accounts won't deliver because for some reason cPanel will attempt to do local delivery even though the domain is configured for remote to office365)

So I changed the email for my admin account on WHCMS to gmail and still no dice. 

So I'm trying to figure out why I've never received email notifications from my WHCMS system