Question about invoices

Guest mnm

Question

Hi,

I am still trying to find out how the invoicing system actually works.

I have used the demo version and ordered a hosting account and a domain name. I have selected PayPal as payment option.

I then login as Admin.

I mark both hosting package and domain package as paid.

I set both to active and tick the checkbox to email the required email. (I can see the emails under messages for that user).

Under accounts tab for that user i can only see the hosting package but not the domain.

I login as the user and go to my invoices but there are no invoices there.

Also the user has not been emailed an invoice for the packages ordered and paid for.

So what I am trying to find out is this:

1. Should the user receive an invoice marked as paid for the hosting and domain each billing cycle? I can not see this either as a user or as the admin (paid or unpaid invoices)

2. Under admin view/accounts should the domain ordered be listed there as well? (as opposed to the current setup where only the hosting package is listed)

I am almost decided to invest in this product but I will like someone to take 10 minutes and explain the above to me.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Probably someone was messing with the demo settings, if you marked paid on a user's invoice, they will have a receipt sent to their email saying this is paid or whatsoever.

Also if the user ordered a hosting and a domain package, and paid for the invoices they will definately see it on the client's login page, it also includes a friendly printable version. If you are concern with this you can order the monthly leased license, if you're dissatisfy, you get your money back. Besides the first month is only $1.

Tom

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Well the symptoms are as I described them above when using the online demo on this site.

Do you think it is possible to get those errors since PayPal payments are not going through a real payment process? (Ie. I never paid, just click finish).

• WHMCS CEO
Should the user receive an invoice marked as paid for the hosting and domain each billing cycle?

PayPal, StormPay and 2CheckOut Payment Gateways do not get invoices sent for them as they are subscription payment based which the user creates at signup. If you want people to pay using PayPal with invoices then you would need to use the PayPal Invoices Gateway which will mean that invoices are created for payment by PayPal each billing cycle.

To confirm, the gateways which are invoiced are: PayPal Invoices, NoChex, Moneybookers, E-Gold, WorldPay and Mail In Payment

All the other gateways (PayPal, StormPay and 2CheckOut) are not invoiced and instead it is expected their payments will go through on subscription. For the next version, I am planning to have an area in the client area where clients can recreate subscriptions or create them for the first time if they never did so at setup but for now, if someone doesn't setup a subscription you will need to contact them directly with info on how to create one.

Under admin view/accounts should the domain ordered be listed there as well? (as opposed to the current setup where only the hosting package is listed)

In response to that question, you will find there is a tab on the clients profile to see Hosting and Domains seperately. If the client chooses to register or transfer a domain to you in the order process the domain will be displayed on the Domains list for that client. If they choose to use their own domain or a subdomain, then no domain will be entered on the Domains section for that client.

Matt

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure if the word "invoice" is what I should have used here.

What I really mean is that (regardless if subscription or invoice is selected for paypal) after a payment is received for a user (or payPal if subscription) some sort of receipt should be emailed to the user (maybe pdf file?) with details (user name, date, package, how much was paid this month, etc etc)

Here in Australia businesses require such a receipt (for each payment they make) so at the end of the financial year they can claim associated hosting expenses.

Without such a receipt (or what I called previously invoice marked as paid) they can not make those claims.

It will also be useful if thos receipts are emailed to users, store in their profile area and stored somewhere under the admin area.

Matt do you think this is possible?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Receipts are sent in the current version. Whenever a subscription payment for a hosting account, domain or addon is received a receipt is sent containing the information specified by you in the standard messages configuration area. Below is the default receipt email sent for a hosting account payment:

Dear Demo User,

This message is to confirm we have received your hosting payment for:

Domain: testaccount5005.com

Package: Starter Package

Amount: $3.99

The next due payment date is 20/01/2006.

Regards,

WHMCompleteSolution

http://www.whmcs.com

Obviously, as all the email messages sent are stored in the admin area, you can access these receipts until you remove them from the message history.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Matt