Renewal invoices not being created

Hello everyone. First timer here.

First of all: congratulations to the WHMCS team for the nice little community that they have managed to create. Cheers!

With that being said, I've been having a strange issue which I wanted to show you, just in case someone faced it previously.

The thing is: some of our hosting renewal invoices are not being generated. This happens on some invoices, not on all of them.

Products and customers are properly setup, the cron is running and no obvious server issues are to blame.

I've been struggling with this for a while and I found out that the invoices not being generated are attached to a service on the "tblhosting" table with a "nextinvoicedate" equal to "0000-00-00". The services being properly renewed do have this value set up.

After reading the entry for Billing Logic on WHMCS documentation it seems that this field is only used if the Continuous Invoice Generation option is enabled.

Nevertheless, we have it disabled, so according to the beforementioned billing logic documentation, it should not be being taken into account to create new renewal invoices (the "next due date" field should).

Can someone clarify if this is normal? maybe I misunderstood the documentation or it is not entirely accurate? can you offer me some insight to find out the culprit for these database entries with empty "nextinvoicedate"?

There's also a similar topic here. I didn't reply to that one to avoid mixing things up.

• 2 weeks later...