Kayako LoginShare

DerekFL

We created a loginshare for our server, and are giving it away to anyone who is interested. Of course no support is available for the file, but it is yours if you want it. It is available for download from http://www.festivehosting.com/whmcs_loginshare.zip

Note that we have only tested it with WHMCS version 2.5.5. It may or may not work with any other version, and no guarantee is provided for any version for that matter. :lol:

EDIT: I removed the link at one time because I did not realize that Thernes had marketed a login share. Since that time we have spoken and decided to continue to allow the free loginshare to be downloaded.

On another note, we are working on a few other integrations, and just finished Invision Power Board.

Hey,

What version for Kayako is this? I mean the big 3.1 is coming out soon and that has a mess load of new options and I think the login share module is going to change?

Also I think it does't really matter what version of WHMCS you are running as it just pulls from a database.

Once WHMCS 2.5 and Kayako gets 3.1 stable out I'll work on that login share and share it with all of you who use Kayako...

From,

Adam

We use Kayako 3, so this loginshare was developed for that. Now if the loginshare api changes for 3.1, then we'll make the necessary changes at that time.

Regarding it just pulling information from the database. Different versions of WHMCS have the potential to store information in different tables and to change the way that passwords are encrypted, so the version of WHMCS could easily come into play as well.

I'm definately happy to see others developing and integrating WHMCS as well. In fact, I've decided that this login share is no longer going to be free. If you use the login share, you must support the further development of additional addons and/or integrations for WHMCS. Now that doesn't mean that you have to create them if you don't know how, it merely means that you have to provide what ever type of support that you're capable of providing. Even a "good job" to those that are working to make the product and addons great. Let's take WHMCS to the next level! 8)

• 3 months later...
It has to be updated to work with the new release of WHMCS. Most of my effort has been spent on a new project that I'm working on; however I promise to update this in the next few days. :shock:
Hi Derek, I'm totally new here and was wondering, why use Kayako? Doesn't WHMCS have all the support processes cutsomers need? Also what does the loginshare actaully do, if you could explain would be much appreciated as a bit confused!

Hey,

Well Kayako is designed for support system. My personal two cents its totaly better then WHMCS by far (ticketing system wise). Not to forget Kayako has a WinApp client for Windows, so you can check tickets via a program and not an internet explore.

The login share is for the Kayako side, as WHMCS is all IonCubed up (encoded).

From,

Adam

The loginshare allows you to share your WHMCS login details with Kayako. For instance, clients who are listed in WHMCS would not have to create a new account in Kayako. Instead they would login with their existing credentials.

Matt has done an excellent job on WHMCS; however some people still prefer to use an external application for their support systems. Since there was interest in this utility, we developed it. Now if I could just find the time to modify it to work with the newest version of WHMCS. :shock:

The loginshare allows you to share your WHMCS login details with Kayako. For instance, clients who are listed in WHMCS would not have to create a new account in Kayako. Instead they would login with their existing credentials.

Matt has done an excellent job on WHMCS; however some people still prefer to use an external application for their support systems. Since there was interest in this utility, we developed it. Now if I could just find the time to modify it to work with the newest version of WHMCS. :shock:

Hey,

If it wasn't all Zended up, I'll get it to work...

From,

Adam

WHMCS uses a true encryption/decryption scheme when it comes to user passwords and therefore requires a 'key' to decrypt the passwords. I have located the key on my system, but am not sure if it is the same on all systems or if a different key is generated for each install. The updated loginshare worked fine when I tested it on our system, but since I'm not 100% sure where WHMCS gets the key, I have asked Matt for clarification. Once this comes down I should be able to re-release this loginshare.

In the mean time we have established a Product Development Status board to advise our clients where we are in the various projects that we are working on. This also allows our customers (and potential customers) to make suggestions regarding upcoming products and projects. The URL for this system is http://www.whmcsmods.org/status.

I received a reply from Matt indicating that the encryption method for the client's password will likely change for each distribution of WHMCS, which in turn means that each version of WHMCS would require a new loginshare to operate. Being that this will make a loginshare difficult to maintain, the future of this project is uncertain. Currently I am trying to identify a solution with Matt that will ensure the security of the script and will allow the loginshare to operate as expected.

Derek,

Have you discussed with Matt the possibility of creating an encoded function that will encrypt and decrypt passwords for you? You just include it in your php and call the function to encrypt and decrypt, that way you wouldn't have to release a new version each time there is a new WHMCS version, and your login share won't be version dependent on a particular version of WHMCS.

Kind of like an API for WHMCS I suppose...

I received a reply from Matt indicating that the encryption method for the client's password will likely change for each distribution of WHMCS, which in turn means that each version of WHMCS would require a new loginshare to operate.

Why would this be changed from version to version? Doesn't make sense and would make for difficult times to provide login sharing amongst 3rd party apps.

Matt, a reply would be nice as to your reasoning behind this.

Why would this be changed from version to version? Doesn't make sense and would make for difficult times to provide login sharing amongst 3rd party apps.

Better security I imagine...if, god forbid, the encryption key were to get out, only that particular version of WHMCS that uses that key would be vulnerable.

I already have access to the decrypt function in WHMCS, it just requires a key be provided to it to work properly, and if that key changes from version to version....

Another more secure method would be to save a password hash in the client database instead of the encrypted password itself, which would make discovering the client's password extremely difficult. This would provide both security and would allow me access to the hashed password as well.

• 7 months later...

Derek, can i try the loginshare you made? The link is seems to be dead and not working anymore. Can you send ? I personally think Kayako has 80% superior ticket system than Whmcs, but toguether they work nice. I wanna try putting up a demo for my team with the existing WHMCS & Kayako (loginshare) to see if i convince them that Kayako is the one for support. Give me a hand here? I'm a experience kayako admin.