New fields for domain in registrar module

Hi

I am working on building a new module/addon for our primary registrar, so that we can register, transfer and renew domains using the registrars EPP service.

I do however have one problem, as the transfer of domains require us to insert the NIC-handle of the registrant during transfer, as well as having to use the same handles to check the domain status (active / suspended). How can we extend the WHMCS domain information with this, as well as provide the option to input the registrant NIC-handle during domain registration/transfer.

If this is not possible, then I would have to create a seperate system to handling this information, so that WHMCS just gives whatever information it has and then we can handle everything except for reusing an existing NIC-handle for registration/transfer of domains.