domain registration question - DirectI

FPForum

So I read somewhere on here we do not need to use the partially branded nameservers for domain registration (that is only for site using the superstore or whatever, correct?)

So my question is..I have not setup any childnameservers or anything like that, and I only have 2 nameservers..Can I set the default nameservers in whmcs to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com and leave 3 and 4 blank? Also, do I need to set this anywhere in my directi reseller panel??

I have tried this before but always see the error "There is no website for domainname.com" is this okay? Does the client see this?

Please let me know I would like to make sure all my domain registration stuff is setup correctly.

Thanks!

So I read somewhere on here we do not need to use the partially branded nameservers for domain registration (that is only for site using the superstore or whatever, correct?)

That is correct.

Can I set the default nameservers in whmcs to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com and leave 3 and 4 blank?

Yes, that would be normal.

Also, do I need to set this anywhere in my directi reseller panel??

No, not at all.

:-P

That is correct.

Yes, that would be normal.

No, not at all.

Thanks uberhost. Another quick question, Can I just leave these blank so if someone has hosting somewhere else they can add their nameservers?

Also, if I can/do leave them blank, then if someone is also purchasing hosting from me will it automatically stick my nameservers in there?

I think I tried adding my nameservers in there before "ns1.domainhost.co.in and ns2.domainhost.co.in" and when I tried buying a domain I got this error in the admin panel "ns2.domainhost.co.in is no a valid nameserver"..when in fact it was. any ideas on these questions? Thanks!

Thanks uberhost. Another quick question, Can I just leave these blank so if someone has hosting somewhere else they can add their nameservers?

If you have WHMCS set up for it, they can use their own nameservers.

Also, if I can/do leave them blank, then if someone is also purchasing hosting from me will it automatically stick my nameservers in there?

If you have your nameservers set in WHMCS, it will use them when someone purchases or transfers a domain to you.

I think I tried adding my nameservers in there before "ns1.domainhost.co.in and ns2.domainhost.co.in" and when I tried buying a domain I got this error in the admin panel "ns2.domainhost.co.in is no a valid nameserver"..when in fact it was. any ideas on these questions? Thanks!

If you registered your nameservers with your domain registrar and they resolved, it should work. If not, you should open a ticket with WHMCS.