POP3 imported hotmail email message detected as attachments

I use POP3 importing from Goggle apps/Gmail.  It has always worked perfectly including importing Hotmail emails.  Now it detects the Hotmail email message body as an attachment.  I am pretty sure this started happening after I upgraded to v7.3.0.  Nothing else has changed with my POP3 import settings or my Gmail.   The email is received by Gmail normally.  So it is definitely the POP3 import step that is detecting it incorrectly.

Looking in Utilities > Logs > Ticket Mail Import Log the email message is as follows:

To: support@mydomain.com
Subject: test

No message found.

Attachment 96B5B672B4202643B016FE6C21CCF77B@namprd22.prod.outlook.com.plain blocked - file type not allowed.

If I allow .plain email attachments in Setup > General Settings > Support > Allowed File Attachment Types, I receive the above email with message body  "no message" with the message body contained in an attachment in the ticket which I can then open and read.  So the POP3 Mail importer is incorrectly detecting the Hotmail message body as an attachment.  This only appears to happen with Hotmail.  I have tried sending messages from Gmail and from other mail systems that are not Gmail or Hotmail and they all seem to work.

Edited by mustardman