Been waiting for a while now... and a few questions

quickpot

I have been keeping my eye on purchasing WHMCS for a couple of weeks now but I am patiently waiting for the 2.5 release or at least a working demo link so that I can check it out. So far, demo links do not work and the 2.5 stable release date is getting pushed back. I am at the brink of signing up with another competitor out of frustration but I believe WHMCS is a better script which is keeping me from doing so.

Question:

Will WHMCS be able to manage multiple cPanel servers? What if I want to rotate user account creation among 3-4 servers. Can WHMCS do this automatically?

Thanks

Hi,

I can honestly say that WHMCS if worth the wait, we have used 3 different ones now (competitors) and have not been satisfied with any of them, however so far WHMCS has more than proved its worth.

Do wait, it really is worth it. :)

Regarding the multiple servers, yes it will handle them, we currently have it running 2 servers and are going to be putting another 4 on next week.

However i don't know if the 2.5 stable will rotate account creation (if im thinking along the same lines as you), but it will fill one server then move onto the other and so on (from whan i have read).

quickpot

you will be wasting your time with other billing systems, I have spent 6 years running our hosting companies billing and I have tried nearly all of them, nothing can touch whmcs for ease of use which is the main thing with billing systems.

if you buy another product you will be back sooner than later so save your self some money either wait for 2.5 stable release or buy 2.4 and get your businesses billing under control

• WHMCS CEO

I too don't know what your talking about. No release dates have been pushed back at all. WHMCS V2.5 was due for BETA release on 31st July which it was, there have since been 4 seperate BETA releases in the space of 12 days (that's an average of one every 3 days), and no date was actually set for the Stable Release. If you are referring to the estimated release date published in the press release back in June then you should be aware this was an estimate and was likely to change.

And what demo links aren't working? There are two WHMCS V2.5 Beta demos, both running the latest versions at http://demo.whmcs.com/ and http://beta.whmcs.com/

Matt

I too don't know what your talking about. No release dates have been pushed back at all. WHMCS V2.5 was due for BETA release on 31st July which it was, there have since been 4 seperate BETA releases in the space of 12 days (that's an average of one every 3 days), and no date was actually set for the Stable Release. If you are referring to the estimated release date published in the press release back in June then you should be aware this was an estimate and was likely to change.

And what demo links aren't working? There are two WHMCS V2.5 Beta demos, both running the latest versions at http://demo.whmcs.com/ and http://beta.whmcs.com/

Matt

I always get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. I was browsing through the forums and it looks like some people get that error and some people don't. No idea why that's the case. I think it has something to do with DNS issues, because I cannot resolve those subdomains.