Invoice Overdue Notice sent on every cron run

dexus

I noticed this as well. I thought it would be good to change the cron to run every 5 minutes just for invoice reasons (instead of sending invoices every 24 hours).

Let's say they got payment reminders every 5 minutes over and over until I changed it back to 24 hours.

I wish WHMCS had separated crons for this reason

• WHMCS CEO
I noticed this as well. I thought it would be good to change the cron to run every 5 minutes just for invoice reasons (instead of sending invoices every 24 hours).

The invoices that are due to be created at 3am on any given day are the same invoices that are due to be created at 3pm on any given day so running it more than once a day is pointless and unnecessary - which is why it isn't possible and doesn't need to be added.

In response to the original question, just once per day the cron should run.

Matt

I can see you point for the most part, but understand mine;

What happens to manual invoices? Have to wait 24 hours unless you manually run them.

Maybe we found a bug, because invoice reminders got sent every 5 minutes in my case.

Otherwise, I think the cron/command/invoice should auto run on manual invoices as well. The same as if someone was to order a new service or product.

I can see you point for the most part, but understand mine;

What happens to manual invoices? Have to wait 24 hours unless you manually run them.

Maybe we found a bug, because invoice reminders got sent every 5 minutes in my case.

Otherwise, I think the cron/command/invoice should auto run on manual invoices as well. The same as if someone was to order a new service or product.

The system can send the invoice at creation time. It doesn't wait for a cron to run.

If you add an order for the client, the order is set to active, the due date is the same day, but you will need to manually generate the invoices from the admin homepage.

if you manually create an invoice, notification is not sent to the client (for me anyway) until the next cron

• WHMCS CEO
But what about activation of hosting accounts, and domains registration, how will day run without a cron, if they should run after for example manual payment is submited by admin, or they will have to be run manualy.

The cron does not run hosting account activations - they run in real time - so the cron running has no affect on that.

If you add an order for the client, the order is set to active, the due date is the same day, but you will need to manually generate the invoices from the admin homepage.

Incorrect, the add order process will generate the invoice immediately unless you tell it not to in which case you can ask it to generate any time with the button on the admin homepage.

if you manually create an invoice, notification is not sent to the client (for me anyway) until the next cron

Again, this wouldn't happen - you have the option to send the invoice created email when creating the invoice - but the cron running, the only thing that is going to do is send is an overdue notice.

So as you can see, there is no point running the cron more than once per day.

Matt