Invoices & Subscriptions

AdamBryner

Sorry if this is a stupid questions, but is WHMCS supposed to create an invoice and send that to them if they already have a subscription through Paypal that has been automatically billing them for the past year without any emails or intervention?

The invoice they are getting is asking them to create another subscription or just pay their invoice.

So, I'm getting emails from people saying "Don't I already have a subscription for this?".

Not sure if there is a setting I need to change. Thanks for any advice.

-Adam

• WHMCS CEO

There's no way to turn it off. Have a search through the forums and you'll find lots of requests for the change. It means they now get reminders if they don't pay, you can use credit with subscriptions users, they are able to signup for new subscriptions, etc... Lots of benefits.

Matt

It means they now get reminders if they don't pay

My customers have Paypal subscriptions. It's automated. They don't need a reminder, Paypal does it for them. If their subscription fails, it tries again.

Just more work for me I guess, having to cancel every invoice generated.

I prefer to have things automated when possible.