Changing a package's payment method?

Troy

I've just recently converted from AWBS. Because we have a mix of payment methods (CC, Paypal and Check/Money Order), and you have to chose a payment gateway for ALL data imported from AWBS, I went with mailin payment for the conversion.

I assumed that our customers that use a credit card could simply log in to their accounts and enter card information, to switch to automatic credit card payment.

However, even after entering their card info, hosting packages still bear the mailin payment type. Is there not any way to automate this somehow? Must I manually change payment method for every hosting package after a customer enters his credit card info?

If so, I suppose I can regularly run these queries (figure this is a safe place to put it for future reference, and may help someone else):

update tblhosting h, tblclients c

set h.paymentmethod = 'authorize'

where h.userid = c.id

and length(c.cardnum) > 0

and c.status = 'Active'

(The above query sets hosting package payment method to 'authorize' if the client has a card on file and is active.)

update tblclients c, tblinvoices i

set i.paymentmethod = 'authorize'

where i.userid = c.id

and length(c.cardnum) > 0

and c.status = 'Active'

and i.status = 'Unpaid'

(The above query sets the payment method for any unpaid invoices for active customers with a card on file to 'authorize'.)

It seems there should be some way for a customer to switch to credit card payment and have all future invoices generated with credit card payment method, without admin intervention, especially on a conversion like we did.