replying to support tickets

Boss

Have just had a client reply to an email which was then picked up by the ticket system.

However the reply apparently had the arrow > preceding every line. This is common in a lot of replies from people.

However All that is recorded in the ticket it's self is just one arrow >.

The email I received from the support ticket system had the full detail of what was actually said in the ticket.

i really wish there was a setitng to allow html to be sent through tickets. its a little embarassing when clients send you the code to put into their site and it all gets stripped out. then i have to send them an email to send me the code to my other email address where i can receive it.

Depending on your business model, code via support tickets is a necessity.

guess i should make a feature request.

• WHMCS CEO

I would doubt it was the arrows at the start of lines that caused the message to not be imported. A breakline must have been present above the reply. The breakline is what stops the message being replied to getting imported also with a reply - you can see the breaklines in the tblticketbreaklines table.

And regarding importing HTML, that would be a huge security risk so even should you request it, it's unlikely to get added. You should ask them to send the code as an attachment.

Matt

I would doubt it was the arrows at the start of lines that caused the message to not be imported. A breakline must have been present above the reply. The breakline is what stops the message being replied to getting imported also with a reply - you can see the breaklines in the tblticketbreaklines table.

And regarding importing HTML, that would be a huge security risk so even should you request it, it's unlikely to get added. You should ask them to send the code as an attachment.

Matt

It was not a reply from this support ticket system.

I have seen this same thing happen in other support ticket software, namely when I have posted a trace route from a DOS box that I'd copied it from

All appears above the first arrow >

I can see the ticket breaklines in the DB, but what is this supposed to mean?