Custom payment gateway

shile

Hi,

I just started developing a custom third party gateway and i encountered a few issues.How can i CREATE and DROP a certain table on gateway activation and deactivation?(I searched through the documentation and i found _activate and _deactivate hooks but they are for modules and is not working for payment gateways)

Another thing that i cant find is- where and how do i redirect a user after the third party gateway hits my callback file?

Thanks.

I just started developing a custom third party gateway and i encountered a few issues.How can i CREATE and DROP a certain table on gateway activation and deactivation?(I searched through the documentation and i found _activate and _deactivate hooks but they are for modules and is not working for payment gateways)

you can place and run the SQL commands inside gateway_metadata function

Another thing that i cant find is- where and how do i redirect a user after the third party gateway hits my callback file?

redirect and callback URLs is two different things, callback URL called by your gateway anytime they have an update the payment your client made.

many gateways ask for return or redirect URL, where clients will be redirected after successful payment, this is what you need to look for

I added my query inside _config() and now it is working.I couldnt get it to work inside _metadata().

I have another question if you would be kind to answer,when i set a product to be billed monthly how do i set up my third party gateway to bill the client?Considering that i dont have any credit card informations about the user,how is this supposed to be done?