Link ticket to entity

CrunchyToast

Good evening,

I am currently working on a module that will create an entity. Is there a way that I can create a ticket have it automatically linked to this entity?

I thought about having custom fields, but if a user creates a new support department then they have to create the custom field and if they forget then the module will not work as expected.

If any more information is needed, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Good evening,

I am currently working on a module that will create an entity. Is there a way that I can create a ticket have it automatically linked to this entity?

I thought about having custom fields, but if a user creates a new support department then they have to create the custom field and if they forget then the module will not work as expected.

If any more information is needed, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

do you have example that explain what you are trying to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, ive tried to add html link on bank transfer on whmcs6 but its not working, kindly help

open this file for editing /modules/gateways/banktransfer.php

replace the following line:

$code = '<p>'.nl2br($params['instructions']).'<br />'.$_LANG['invoicerefnum'].': '.$params['invoiceid'].'</p>';

with this line:

$code = '<p>'.html_entity_decode(nl2br($params['instructions'])).'<br />'.$_LANG['invoicerefnum'].': '.$params['invoiceid'].'</p>';

Hi, ive tried to add html link on bank transfer on whmcs6 but its not working, kindly help

This has nothing to do with this post...

do you have example that explain what you are trying to do?

The module I'm working on allows users to track items. What I want to do is have a link to open a ticket, but have the ticket connected somehow to that item. Again, I thought about using custom fields in support departments, but if an admin creates a new support department then they have to create the custom field. If they forget to add the custom field then the module will not work as it should. I'm trying to see if there is another way to associate a ticket to the item. I hope that makes sense.

you can simple link to this ticket from the "entity" or "item" table in database, this will be easier and no worries about the department creation I think.

the other solution is the custom filed, you can go that way if you need both your client and staff to see what value is in there.

you can simple link to this ticket from the "entity" or "item" table in database, this will be easier and no worries about the department creation I think.

That is how I plan to do it, but do you know a way to have it automatically link? The only thing I could think of off the top of my head is to use my own ticket creation form in the admin panel then use a hook so I can retrieve the ticket number in the DB.