Automatic Subdomain of predefined domain

cyber1dev

As part of configuring everything, I find the "Subdomain Options" setting on the "Other" tab within the Product/Services configuration to be very helpful. Although I am trying to establish a method of making this a default action for every hosting account.

For example, in the Subdomain Options setting is defined as .example.com and I would like to automatically create a subdomain of .example.com using the username of the account. Such as username1 would have a parked subdomain of username1.example.com

I have to assume that someone has done this already? Although I haven't been able to locate anything that answers the question. I found lots of related information on the mod_userdir tweak which provides access to a site through example.com/~username1 which isn't what I'm looking to do. In fact, I have mod_userdir disabled.

Any guidance would be appreciated!!!