is there a way to host a VPS solution?

simplehelix

You can use xen or openvz with HyperVM. Make an OS template with DA on it.. and add it that when adding a new vps product.

When a customer signs up for that product whmcs will automatically create the vps for you.

Adam

Hi Adam,

But what about all of the licenseing for the DA control panel? As the host IP will change, and therefore you need to bugger about with getting DA to work surely?

Regards,

Chris

well install the DA on the vps--- get one license for that. test make all ok.

Save as os template.

When someone purchases a new vps -- you will need to order a license from DA manuallly.. THere isn't a product that i know of that will automate that.

You could I guess work out some arrangement with DA where when an order is placed email DA support or sales directly for a license-- pass the IP with the email.

Once again I AM not sure if they will do that. But maybe if you become a reseller of theirs-- maybe they will work something out. OR even give them a deposit.

I don't know just throwing it out there.

Adam

well install the DA on the vps--- get one license for that. test make all ok.

Save as os template.

When someone purchases a new vps -- you will need to order a license from DA manuallly.. THere isn't a product that i know of that will automate that.

You could I guess work out some arrangement with DA where when an order is placed email DA support or sales directly for a license-- pass the IP with the email.

Once again I AM not sure if they will do that. But maybe if you become a reseller of theirs-- maybe they will work something out. OR even give them a deposit.

I don't know just throwing it out there.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Ah OK, no they wont, we are already a reseller/partner of DA. :) Its also a complete pain in the a** to change the IP afterwards, it would be better served to create the template, and in the template make it grab a default file from the local host (which would be the license), and then rattle off and do the custominstall, all automatically. Thats the way I am going to do it under XenEnterprise.

Chris.

How is Xen Enterprise? WHy are you using that verus centos XEN?

Also are you able to run windows with Xen Enterprise?

Hi ImpactGC,

XenEnterprise is here http://www.xensource.com, its their commercial offering. Its not cheap, but you are completly supported. and we have had marvelous results.

It supports Windows as it is now, out of the box, either WIndows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 Server

Regards,

Chris

what is the difference between the Enterprise and open-source? Do you know?

Sorry for the questions.

Adam

Hi Adam,

A few of the differences are:

Support

Windows APP for controling the enterprise version

HOT moving of VM's between servers for load balancing

Loads of other bits, I found the datasheet for you and downloaded it, but cant upload it, here is a link, look at the last page.

http://www.citrixxenserver.com/Documents/xensourcev4_datasheet.pdf

Chris