Deleting pending orders

4uh

I've been running some test orders and there is something I dont understand...

If a customer places an order for a domain and hosting - the hosting goes into pending orders and the domain into pending domains. Thats fine, if a little confusing.

If I click "pending orders" and delete the order, it deletes the hosting but not the domain - and the invoice doesnt get deleted. Why would I want to invoice someone for an order that has been deleted ?

If I click on "pending domains" there is no option to delete the domain!

I have to view the customer, select the domain from their list of domains and delete it and of course, the invoice remains!

Its totally illogical. I dont understand why you would want to go through four seperate processes, just to delete an unpaid order. Its crazy!

I'm guessing all the items that make up the order are linked by the order number so it would seem incredibly simple to have a function to delete an entire order. This is something I imagined would be included as standard. Surely its a two minute job to include ?

The wording is confusing. "Pending order" should mean everything in the order they placed but it really means "pending products".

As I prepare our whmcs installation for the import of our customers I'm finding a few alarming things that make me stop and scratch my head. Basic functionality that I never considered wouldnt be included (as I've heard many people praise this product as the best) simply isnt there. Some parts of this script clearly have been thought out in great detail and I'm very impressed with it on the whole but other parts seem to have had less than a seconds thought which leaves me feeling a bit confused.

I'm sorry to sound so critical but right now I'm really shocked and dissapointed.

• WHMCS CEO

Pending orders does mean everything. Not sure why you have got confused but the product appears in Pending Accounts just like the domain appears in Pending Domains and then the order for those items appears in Pending Orders. Deleting the order from the orders page should delete everything related to it including products, addons, domains & upgrades. The invoice remains as it may have already been paid and just deleting the order doesn't mean a refund has yet been processed.

Matt

Ok,

I cleaned out all previous orders so there were none and placed a new order for a domain and hosting....

Went into admin and clicked "pending orders"

Selected the order by its order ID and clicked the delete button and ok'd it.

I still have pending domains 1 and unpaid invoices 1 - it hasnt deleted anything other than the hosting account.

I dont have the cron job set because I was testing the import previousleyand didnt want customers to get emails - would this make a difference ?

The invoice remains as it may have already been paid and just deleting the order doesn't mean a refund has yet been processed.

Why would I delete an order that had been paid ? Thats going to happen a very small percentage of the time - yet most of the time I would want to delete the whole order and the invoice due to non payment.

Also, normally if the order was being refunded, you'd refund it first, then go back and delete the order afterwards - you'd also want to delete the invoice too, unless the customer has a specific requirement to print off an invoice with the words "refunded" on it. Thats incredibly rare.

At the very least there should be a tick box when deleting the order to say "dont delete the invoice" - or if you prefer, "delete the invoice" - either way the option should be there at the time because its very easy to forget about invoices and end up having lots of them hanging around in the database when they shouldnt be there.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you agree with what I'm saying here?

Can you comment on the option to delete the associated invoice when deleting a product or domain? I think that its a neccessary function. Otherwise you have to always delete each invoice manually. Just a tick box is all thats needed.

Do I need to log a support ticket about the domains not being deleted ?