Weird Redirect Issue

openmind

OK I'm continuing to evaluate here and I've run into a bit of a show stopper when I try and test the order form:

http://www.openmindbilling.com/order.php?step=2&pid=1

In IE the page just hangs and does nothing. In Firefox though I get:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I've tried this on several machines including those that have never visited the domain before and I get the same thing.

PHP Info is here: http://www.openmindbilling.com/test.php

Any ideas?

OK slightly different issue. Got the order page working fine and I've added my Helm3 server and a plan with the planID from Helm.

When I activate the order it tells me the account creation failed but doesn't tell me why. Is there anywhere I can see error logs for failures like this?

OK thanks Matt, I'm going ahead with this either way and the Helm accounts are not my main priority. As long as I know it will work then that's good enough for me ;)

Can I make the suggestion though that if the API fails like this the result is stored somewhere so it can be reviewed by the admin? At least it would give a clue where the error lies...

On a separate note, I'm going to be using WMCS to look after billing for my AWBS domain clients as well as hosting. Now I've run the awbs import script once already and it works a treat so I'm happy with that. My question is really what order I should do this in?

We're launching Linux hosting plans shortly and currently have no customers on cPanel so that simple enough but could I run the AWBS import after getting customers onboard with cPanel?

What would happen to duplicates? Would the AWBS import skip accounts on a Nix plan? Or would it just create a duplicate account?

I know the import warns you to make sure you have an empty database before starting it but I would rather get this system up and running first for the Nix hosting before importing AWBS.

Best way forward?

• WHMCS CEO

If the error can be understood by WHMCS it is indeed logged. But in an unexpected error like this, WHMCS can't interpret and thus can't log what was received. It's rare for there to be no reason when it fails.

Regarding the import, the problem with importing after using WHMCS is if you import from a system and in there is an invoice #10 and in WHMCS there is also an invoice #10, the two get combined and the client then seens something on the invoice that is not theirs. No accounts will be skipped though. Aside from a custom import script to assign new invoice numbers, you would really need to run the import first.

Matt

Regarding the import, the problem with importing after using WHMCS is if you import from a system and in there is an invoice #10 and in WHMCS there is also an invoice #10, the two get combined and the client then seens something on the invoice that is not theirs. No accounts will be skipped though. Aside from a custom import script to assign new invoice numbers, you would really need to run the import first.

Matt

Just had a thought about this, how about I set the initial invoice number for new invoices in WHMCS high enough to avoid a conflict to say 5000?

That way invoices imported from AWBS would use the AWBS ID and not conflict with invoices created by WHMCS?