PayPal Pro

webman

Question

9 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

It's not possible to do automated recurring payments with PayPal Pro as they require the CVV number for every transactions and it's illegal to store that number in a database. You need their Payflow Pro service to be able to do automated recurring billing in WHMCS.

Matt

Firstly can I congratulate WHMCS for what appears to be an excellent product and one w are very likely to press ahead with regardless to the answers to these simple questions ;)

1 - Does WHMCS now support the creation of reseller accounts for Helm3? If not when will this be added? Believe me there are a lot of hosts using H3 who have no intention of upgrading to H4 in the next 12-18 months and this would make a real difference.

2 - How are recurring payments handled with Protx? Via a token or the storage of the card number/expiry date?

3 - Again with Protx, is WHMCS fully compatible with the new 3D secure system?

**edit**

Sorry I hit new reply instead of new thread...sigh... :roll:

1 - Does WHMCS now support the creation of reseller accounts for Helm3? If not when will this be added? Believe me there are a lot of hosts using H3 who have no intention of upgrading to H4 in the next 12-18 months and this would make a real difference.

It does since I paid to get it updated to support reseller accounts, you will need to submit a ticket for the new module. We are using WHMCS for the creation of Shared Accounts & Reseller accounts - works great.

2 - How are recurring payments handled with Protx? Via a token or the storage of the card number/expiry date?

I *think* its the storage of card number/expiry.

3 - Again with Protx, is WHMCS fully compatible with the new 3D secure system?

I believe so, yes.

Blimming marvelous!

Another thing, I spotted the Kayako integration but I'm not really bothered about a login share, I just want to make sure that support tickets got to my support portal rather than WHMCS. Can I simply edit the links for the various areas to go to Kayako?

Blimming marvelous!

Another thing, I spotted the Kayako integration but I'm not really bothered about a login share, I just want to make sure that support tickets got to my support portal rather than WHMCS. Can I simply edit the links for the various areas to go to Kayako?

Yep, that's all we do edit the templates with a link to our Helpdesk.

A full Kayako integration is currently in the works I believe...

Damn. I'm trying to find a reason not to spend money here and it just aint happening! ;)

Moving to WHMCS was the move we ever made, it beats the Helm billing system hands down!

As I type, I'm manually migrating accounts from Helm to our WHMCS it's taking forever but I'll get there in the end. :)

The only thing that I miss from the Helm system are the extras features, they need to be added manually when you use WHMCS.

Moving to WHMCS was the move we ever made, it beats the Helm billing system hands down!

Not hard ;)

As I type, I'm manually migrating accounts from Helm to our WHMCS it's taking forever but I'll get there in the end. :)

Yeh but I guess it will be worth it...

The only thing that I miss from the Helm system are the extras features, they need to be added manually when you use WHMCS.

I thought that but tbh it doesn't work as it should in Helm anyway. Add an extra windows domain and it doesn't increase the web resources so fairly pointless really...