paypal change

Boggie

Hi,

Before the upgrade I had paypal processing my payments and they did so perfect. I noticed that I didn't have IPN on in my paypal profile but the payments were still made.

With the change in paypal, i started using the new module. Now the credit cards are not being charged and no record of even trying to charge them.

I realized that IPN was OFF so i went in paypal and set it up........

This should solve the problem right?

Hi,

Before the upgrade I had paypal processing my payments and they did so perfect. I noticed that I didn't have IPN on in my paypal profile but the payments were still made.

With the change in paypal, i started using the new module. Now the credit cards are not being charged and no record of even trying to charge them.

I realized that IPN was OFF so i went in paypal and set it up........

This should solve the problem right?

When you say Paypal was your processor, explain which feature. The only auto payment was subscriptions and would still function even if you weren't using whmcs.

Well,

Im kinda new so bare with me.

I have paypal web payments pro.

Before the upgrade I had everything working where it would redirect them to paypal. I have a client using their credit card. They are on a subscription for a hosting package. They decided they wanted another domain. So they went to my site and bought another domain, entered their credit card info and paid.

However, I haven't seen a payment or anything. This occurred after the upgrade, which I changed some things in the payment gateway.....adding the new paypal function with webpayments pro.

Also, I never enabled the IPN, so I immediately assumed that this was the issue.

Thanks for the response PPH

OK V3.4 is the 1st version to offer PayPalPro. You were just using the regular PayPal invoices before which is still available as long as you have the PayPal module enabled and are not forcing subscriptions.

You can also use PayPalPro which will allow you to receive payments on your website without redirecting if you have it also set up. 2 different modules though.

And as for IPN, you will want to leave that off unless you have clients with subscriptions created before you started using WHMCS.

Ok,

I think we figured it out...i just talked to the client and they just got a new credit card and their name isn't right. However, they didn't get a CC decline message, nor did I. Hrmmmm that's gotta be it

Look under view gateway log under transactions. There should be messages there for any communications with PayPal.