i have a whmcs 3.2.1, and want to upgrade to whmcs 3.4

simplehelix

Hi i wish to upgrade to whmcs 3.4 but I do not know how to do so.

I am worried that if i run the installer it will mess up my previous install.

If i knew what exactly goes on inside the installer I would have an easier time upgrading.

Btw, the way I'm trying to upgrade is by just unzipping the new whmcs and then rename the folder after im done with the install.

is this okay to do?

I just need my templates/default

• WHMCS CEO

Just download 3.4, and then follow the instructions in the readme file for upgrading. The instructions are the same no matter what version you are running. The only difference will be that you need to update all your template files and not just the ones listed which have changed between the last but one and latest versions.

Matt

If you're still unsure of how to upgrade, WHMCS.com does offer an upgrade service.

Otherwise uploading a fresh copy of WHMCS files, will not ruin your website. The only files that really have anything that can get lost, are you template files--usually *only* if you've edited them.

The only thing that has your data for WHMCS is your MySQL database (the one you entered in the config file). You should always backup that database before upgrading, to ensure that you've got a working copy of it, should you break it ;) It's also good to do that so you've got a copy too, in case your site is hacked/terminated/something happens to it.